Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The neatest thing happened to me last January. When I was 6, 7 ,8 years old I lived in New Orleans and then moved away to Ohio and then at 16 moved back to New Orleans. We lived at 2316 Dauphine St and I have often wondered what happened to that old house, which is now over a hundred years old. It was a boarding house in the 50's and we had one room at the foot of the stairs with the bathrooom at the end of the hall for everyone to share.

Out of curiousity I put the address on the search and what a surprise to see the old house fixed up and turned into a Bed & Breakfast. I started sending notes back and forth the the fella who bought it and fixed it up. It was like walking back in time thinking about the place and made my memoires fresh. Except when he got it, it was leaning to one side and there was a big hole in the roof where the pidgeons made their nests. Thank GOD he saved it from falling. But anyway now my dream is to someday go spend the night there. SOMEDAY!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home