Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's funny how certain smells or sounds can bring back memories from long ago. When I was around 7 we lived in Louisiana and I would sometimes go spend time at my gramma and grampa,' Grampa worked on some kind of construction sight and gramma and I would take him a plate of hot food wrapped up in foil and visit with him while he ate. It would be summer and there are times when I get in my car and can feel the same type of heat that was there when we would ride to the job-site. Of course in the 50's there was no air-conditioner in the car but it didn't seem like you knew any differance. Then after we visited gramma and I would drive back to the house and have our lunch.

When we'd go to my mom's aunt Dora's house in Mississppi, I believe, They had a screened porch with a bed on it because it would get hot and sometimes we'd sleep out where we could get some air. There was a separate room where the cooking was done and and a long table where the farm hands ate. When they got done then the rest of us would eat. There was alot of good times around the table. mostly grown-ups talking cause that was back when children should be seen and not heard, unless they were spoken to. I think those times when the family ate together were the best. not like today where no body comes to the table anymore unless it's Thanksgiving or something special. When my kids were small that's how we found out what was going on in school and how life was going. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, we always had one tv. and everybody sat around it and watched the same program. (My daughter remembers being the remote control before they invented them.)haha. But today, everyone has their own tv in their room and there is very little family time. It's sad, because this generation doesn't have those kind of memories.
Our pastor friend Leon Chambers use to say we were building memories with the things we did in our lives. What kind of memories are being built today. Last week my grandaughter Stpehanie that never gets up early called me at 7:30 am and I said "what are you doing up so early."? She said"gramma we were just at your house a few days before and everyone always gets up early at your house" Plus she was wrapped up in her blanket drinking coffee and listening to it rain. NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, BUILDING MEMORIES, HAHA
I hope if I leave my grandkids any thing it is to dream and build memories for their kids and love GOD. Well that 's all for now. see ya later aligator, after while crocodile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home