Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Good morning, well today my oldest grandson Matt is getting married, it doesn't seem like 21 years have gone by. They are getting married in Conniticutt in the fall. It doesn't get more beautiful then that.
Ohio in the fall was my favorite time of the year, The colors changing and the crispness in the air. We use to be able to pile leaves in the gutter of the street and burn them. Then walking to school in Mentor I'd walk through the smoke and pretend I was in the clouds. I always said that when it's my time to go, I want to go in the fall so I can soar over the new England states so I can see the fall colors just one more time. My stepdad had a red and black flannel shirt that I liked to wear in the fall and I still remember that shirt. maybe I'll buy one just so I can wear it and step back in time. Isn't it funny how we look back and see some of the best times of our lives and remember smells and sights and it just takes us back. I can go to the store and smell an apple and it will take me back to scenes from apple butter festivals. I use to want Vern to invent a headset that would let you plug it into the tv so you could think something and it would show up on the screen. That would be cool cause then you could really share your memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home