Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

If it is going to happen to anyone it will happen to me. We have the horses here that Kat and Roy brought up and one of them is a baby and in a small correl in our back yard. Everyday we put her into the big pasture with the other two and at night bring her back in. Last week I took the lead rope and got her out. and was taking her to the gate. Trying to get her not to stop and eat the nice plush green grass on the way cause it gives her the runs. so it's step, stop to eat, pull, step stop to eat pull and over and over again. Finally getting to the far side of the yard I took a step the same time she did and I tripped on her hoof and down I went in slooooooooooooooooooooow motion. landed on my good knee carried over to my bad knee and then my left shoulder. Shocked and laying on the ground thinking she was gonna step on me. But instead she seized the opportunity to enjoy her green grass buffett. I yelled for vern because he had just gone into the house, my little dog SID was standing under a tree looking at me and I began to yell and point to the house." Lassie go get help". to which he looked at me as if to say"duh!"

So after a few minutes I decided it was time to try to safe myself. So up on my good knee I went which by now was no longer good. Ouch. and I finally got to my feet. ,, took her to the gate and put her in and walked back to the house. As I came in the door Vern was sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee and said. We've u been????? HAHAHAHAHA. Well that's not exactly what I said. Oh yeah and did I mention in a previous blog that I'm AFRAID OF HORSES.! All in all I am thankful that even though I have bruises and pain nothing was broke. So that is a good thing. Like in Pollyanna always look for something good that comes out of something bad.

3 Comments:

Blogger J C said...

How do you tell a horse not to do something??? 'duh' 'chuckle'

November 23, 2010 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Gaileyann said...

I know huh? well as far as I'm concerned they are big enough to do what ever they darn want to.

November 23, 2010 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ya thank god you didn't get more hurt. :D

December 1, 2010 at 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home