Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Saturday, November 6, 2010

A New Adventure...

We have a new adventure. Remember the old saying, "every boy needs a dog and a mother to feed it? Well Our daughter got horses and put them in the pasture. So we get to feed and water and watch over them.

Kat has always wanted horses but never been where she could have them and her and her husband Roy are buying the property next to us from Rosalie and decided to get a couple of mustang colts. We went to the horse sanctuary and she fell in love with a beautiful 6 month old filly (Paint). She was suppose to go back for an auction and was so afraid that someone else would get it so Roy just bought it for her.

While we were waiting to bring it home, they found two more that were grown and ready to ride. So our family now consists of Molly a 17 yr old quarter horse, and Zeke an 8 yr old gilding and the baby. (Baby Girl).

Oh yeah did I mention I'm afraid of horses? I figure anything bigger then me can really do some damage. So I though I'd get use to them by handling the baby. The first time out of the corral with the lead rope she went to bucking andI just dropped that rope and let her go. Good thing we were in our back yard where she couldn't go anywhere. I toss hay over the fence to the big ones and fill the water buckets. but as long as there is a fence between me and them I'm good.

It's been a week and I'm getting better with the baby. so maybe in time we'll be friends.

Also did I mention that when Kat and Roy come up, they bring their 3 dogs to add to my 2 dogs and the conuer (parrot) who has decided he likes me. and now the horses. so we have become quite the farm around here. What's fun is when it's raining and there are millions of little red dog prints all over the house. (as we have red dirt). U could never say life at the Hansens is boring, there always seems to be some kind of adventure. And that's good thing cause at least we're never bored. have a great day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you still don't have a monkey or two.:)

November 6, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home