Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Monday, July 19, 2010

My dad and I go to the truck stop two or three times a month to eat and play cards. Dad was a trucker for many years and that is his second home now that he has retired. He probably goes 4 times a week just to get out of the house. I would say he is a permanent fixture at TA's, The waitresses are so sweet to him. He can be a little bossy at times but they love him. They let us sit after we eat and play rummy which is dad's favorite card game. and believe it or not he beats me more then half the time. I like spending time with him and the cards help him with his memory . I really think he has deisel fuel running through his veins instead of blood. I think they should put a plague with his name on our favorite booth. haha that would be funny. and he'd get a kick out of that. Thank you GOD for the time that I get to spend with my dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

You are so great, Gail, to spend this precious time with your dad and doing the stuff he enjoys.

July 21, 2010 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Wayne said...

Hello, Gail. I, too, was a long haul, outlaw trucker and now that I am retired, I just want to stay away from truck stops. Not to be mean, but when I see a trucking company I recognize, (most of them)LOL, I want to get back on the road. So, anyways, that is why I don't frequent the truck stops.

July 24, 2010 at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home