Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Friday, December 31, 2010

Today is Dec 31st, new years eve, going on 2011. I was laying in bed thinking about living in New Orleans and at midnight the boat whistles would all go off and how neat it sounded. Some places have fireworks, Everyone celebrating a new beginning, a new year. A time to set things straight and do things over and try to get them right. I don't really like change but I do like "a new beginning". We make new years resolutions and sometimes do good with them and sometimes we're lucky if they last a month. but it's fun trying. I can't tell u how many diets I have started and not finished. but not giving up is the thing. So I'll probably start again.

When Vern and I got married, I was 19 and wanted to celebrate New Years like everybody else. We lived in Turlock Ca. and my uncle was singing in a band. My aunt came over to get us to go out and my cousin babysat. I was so excited cause we were actually going out on a date. After we got there, I discovered vern couldn't dance fast and I couldn't dance slow and neither of us drank. so after we got home I guess we figured there was no use in going again.
So I would tell vern , "Hey, stay up and watch the ball fall with me". and he'd say," I'm going to bed, the ball is gonna fall wheither I stay up or not." So for years I stay'd up by myself and watched the ball fall. Then I realized, , yep he was right. the ball would fall whether I stay'd up or not and I wouldn't be so tired the next day. So us two old farts are in bed by 9 and will know that the ball will fall without us. HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR. AND GOD BLESS.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha ha , good post Gail...I just figured out how to leave a comment..duh!

I will have my daughter's 3 children for an overnighter. They will be alseep by 10 at the latest and I will be in bed by 10:30 no doubt.

This staying up to celebrate ain't what it used to be....I remember when I finally was allowed to stay up late enough to see Johnny Carson...wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

So friend, as you said the New Year will arrive whether we are awake or not so let's get some zzzzzzz's. ♥

December 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

SO funny, I would have stayed up with you because I like to see the ball fall and I am glad to see that everyone celebrates my birthday LOL, this year if you want to stay up and watch the ball fall let me know because I will come down and watch it with you.

May 11, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home