Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Good Morning, I have so enjoyed reading the blogs of my two aunts and my uncle on their lives growing up. It really gives you a different perspective on a person's life and what they've been through and what shaped them into the people they've become. our hardships are what makes the person that we become. So I think I'll write some stuff so that you will know where I came from.

I was born in 1950 to two people that were young and very much in love. mom was 17 and dad was 24. Mom was always very independent and very jeolous, Dad was very good looking and outgoing and mom didn't know how to deal with that so they had problems. By the time I was almost 5 they separated, more like mom moved out while dad was on the truck and when he came home we were gone. We lived in Valley Park Missouri . I didn't see him again till I was 17.

From there we went to my Aunt Ritas house in Grand Rapids Michigan, Mom started traveling and went to New York. I stayed with my aunt for a while. I remember going to kindergarten with her. My cousin Val was a baby and I got a doll buggy for christmas and put her in it and took her for a walk around the inside of the house. When I got tired I put her under the table and went to take a nap and aunt rita got shook up cause she looked all over the house for her till she found her. oops! I loved my aunt Rita , she was always there when I needed her.

I remember staying with my gramma Edith and Grampa Chance a couple of times, he was funny, and I loved him very much. He wore bibbed overalls and a ball-cap and was bald headed and had no teeth, But he would chew gum with me and eat corn on the cob. and make me laugh.
My aunt Gene was a kid and still lived at home and she played with me like I was her little doll.

I stayed with my Uncle Bob and aunt Nell a couple of times but that wasn't great cause they had a little girl Becky and a baby Kelly and I ususally got in trouble for things that Becky did.

Mom would come back once in a while but didn't stay long. Finally we went to New Orleans when I was 6 and she found a job and we stayed with my grampa Blackstock for a couple of weeks till she could find a place for us to live. That was at 2316 Dauphine street.

Sam Pernicia and his wife Daphine owned the building and rented out rooms but only to seniors. NO KIDS ALLOWED. But after a while they decided to rent us a room. We had the room down the long hall next to the stairs to grampas apt. The bathroom was at the end of the hall and everyone used it. Really spooky at night cause It had a 60 watt bulb and you couldn't see anything. Mr Sam and Gramma Sam as( I called them) lived at the far end of the building. Houses in New Orleans are narrow but long. This house was already 50 yrs old in the 50's.

Mom found a job as a bar tender and needed a babysitter . We went through a couple that weren't great. One I almost choked to death on a piece of bacon and the other one hit me with a belt and the belt buckle slipped out of her hand and hit me in the forehead leaving a welt. So after that Gramma Sam said she would take care of me. and she did for three years and i loved her and Mr Sam. Ok enough for now. I will add more later. Have a great day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home