Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Thursday, April 19, 2012

unloading baggage

I talked to someone dear to me today that has issues from growing up in a not so great environment. He is in a new relationship and has never handled relationships well. He always says they are wonderful and he is the problem.
I told him that we all come with baggage from our past and need to learn to unload it so we can live the life that GOD intents for us to live.
Hauling around "baggage" while ur mate has their own "baggage" makes a very heavy load. I saw Joyce Myers one time and she had these great big stuffed pretend potatos that she was trying to figure out how to carry. she put them in a potato sack, but the load was still there. she hide them under a table cloth but they were still there. Which proved that no matter how she tried to hide them they were still there.
We waste precious yrs carrying our baggage around instead of giving them to the LORD.
Jesus set us free when HE went to the cross, but we keep ourselves in bondage by hanging onto things that cause us pain and prevent us from healing.
I also think of an infected finger with a splinter. Full of the infection it is never gonna heal but by using a needle which will hurt, eventually the infection is cleaned out and heals up. Some times we just need to talk it out to someone who understands. always we need to give it to GOD and let Him have it. He saved us seeing the real us, not what we see when we look into our selves. Work at being that beautiful person that He created and forget what satan tries to tell u. He says u are worthless. GOD says u are wonderfully made. (and we all know that Satan is a liar. hahaha. an old song we sang in childrens church. (SATAN IS A SLY OLD FOX, IF I COULD CATCH HIM I'D PUT HIM IN A BOX. LOCK THE DOOR AND THROW AWAY THE KEY, FOR ALL THOSE TRICKS HE'S PLAYED ON ME...GLAD I HAVE SALVATION, GLAD I HAVE SALVATION, GLAD I HAVE SALVATION, FOR TRUSTING IN THE LORD.)

1 Comments:

Blogger judy said...

love it yes our bagage gets heavy sometimes we forget God waitng for it and then when we cant carry anymore we remember he is there I love the. lord with all my being

September 11, 2019 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home