Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

When I was a kid we traveled a lot. I think my mom was part gypsey. After moving from Missouri we went to New Orleans and then mom married Harry and we moved to Ohio, she and I went by train, Then twice we went from Ohio to Huntingbeach Ca and back with my uncle who drove truck for North American Van Lines. Then when I was 16 mom divorced Harry and we went back to New Orleans for a year, then back out to Huntingbeach to my aunts via the truck. It seemed that everytime we needed help my aunt Rita was there. She was a wonderful person. She had three kids were typical california beach lovers. I went to Marina High School for about a week.
When I was growing up in Ohio, that was the days with the Beach Boys and Jan and Dean and everyone dreamed of going to California and living on the beach. Well mainly cause we all thought the whole state was beach. duh!!!! was I surprised. Anyway back to Marina High, I was always a pudgy thing and the first day going into gym class and the showers,, I saw a couple of hundred Barbie Dolls and they looked nothing like the little hay-seed kids I was use to seeing. I think they were all getting ready to be movie stars. I didn't want to go back. It's funny how our imaginations work at times. I pictured California being this perfect place like the beach blanket bingo movies with Gidget. and when I got there it blew me away. Anyway about that time mom wanted to know if I wanted to meet my real dad that I hadn't seem since I was 4 1/2. Well I don't know considering all my life I heard nothing but bad things about the guy.

So from my aunts we got on a greyhound and went to Modesto where I met him and his 4 little kids from his second wife. He lived in Redding and came down to see me. It was kind of strange at first but he walked right up to me and gave me a big old bear hug. ( and still gives them after all these years.)
After mom left him he came back to Ca and eventually got another family but his second wife died in a car accident leaving him with the little ones. Albert was 9, Georgia was 8 mary was turnign 5 and carl was 3 . After visiting for a few hours Believe it or not mom and dad decided they wanted to go back together after all that time and we moved to redding. So there started another adventure in a new place. and more at another time good night and GOD Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home