Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Saturday I went to the Memorial Service for a sweet lady from our chuch, and was amazed at what a legacy she left behind from the way she lived her life. Wonderful, wife, mom, gramma, leader in her community with the girl scouts. And I thought about how awsome it would be to be raised in a family like that. (Gee then I wouldn't have anyone to blame for my shortcomings). Seriously I am who I am because of things in my life.

As a wife and a mother I've tried to do the right things but still have made many mistakes, And I know that my children will be better parents because they learned from my mistakes. Today our Pastor asked what we would tell our families as a testamony to our lives if we could instead of waiting till he gave it at our service. But no matter what , I think I'd just tell them to love GOD with all their hearts and and trust In HIM with everything that comes around. And most of all have Forgiveness because no matter what, people hurt your feelings and make mistakes and If GOD can forgive them , they in turn can forgive others. One of the ditties on my face book says...The values you leave your children mean more then the valubles you leave them.

There is nothing more valuable to leave behind the a good name. Way better then silver or gold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gaileyann said...

oops, I get in a hurry and post before I prove-read, !!!

February 21, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home