Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Friday, December 18, 2009

I was just reading a blog my aunt Eva wrote about one of their Christmas' back in the day. She said they were so excited because two of the girls got ribbons for their pigtails and one girl got an apron. my dad got a top and a new pair of overalls. And they all got a little peppermint candy. Wow to enjoy the small things life can give and appreciate it. Those were the hard days but greatful days.

Today we live in a time were kids have too much and aren't satisfied with what they have . The joy of receiving a top and a piece of candy in your stocking has been over taken by the disappointment of not getting the latest game system or expensive skateboard because the tv
has bombarded our kids with things that they don't have and really should have cause all they're friends will get one. Where is the joy of just being with loved ones, or joy of good health. I wish all that read this a Merry Christmas and a time to count their Blessings as we celebrate our Salvation through Grace God has given us. and love those who are near and dear to you. May God Bless you all and Keep you save.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat Terry said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 18, 2009 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Kat Terry said...

I remember those poor Christmas's and not one memory is bad.... I love when i do not have a lot to spend on my kids because it reminds them how lucky they are to get what i can, and they appreciate it more because they know I don't have it!

December 18, 2009 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

It's been a while since I sat on the floor and rolled a ball back and forth to and from my brother and sisters. I get excited just thinking about it! 'chuckle'
And remembering the tumble weed Mom hung with tin foil from old cigarette packages and bits of paper and pop corn stringers for our Christmas tree when we were at Five Points (or whichever town it was) one Christmas picking cotton.

December 19, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home