Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Wednesday, February 3, 2010


Talked to my daughter-in-law this morning and she had a real scare. Her daughter Melissa had just drove off to go to school and not 5 minutes later Nancy heard a crash out on 44 highway. naturally thinking the worst she grabbed her shoes and keys and took off to find out. From her house you can't see the highway but coming down the little road and between the ponds and then out the drive-way takes long enough with out being in a panic. But when she got to the road found out it was two teenage boys that had wrecked into the guard rail and weren't seriously hurt. totaled the car but Thank God just a few cuts.
Just those few minutes of not knowing is enough to cause you to lose it when it comes to your child. We are never sure when our last day on this earth will be . I think of two points intersecting. or 5 mins differance and how life can change forever. Especially when your young like those two boys, thinking you'll live forever. Maybe that's why us older folks are a little more cautious cause we know more about life.
I've said before that each day is a new start to fix what we've done wrong yesterday. And to go on and do better. We never know when our last act will be our last act. So we need to do the best we can and live for each day.
I Thank God that he watched over those two boys and kept them safe for today, and that Melissa left when she did and no other cars came over the hill in the fog and where involved.
So many things to be thankful for.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ca... said...

It's scary, all right. I saw a couple of little girls walking alone down the street yesterday. They looked to be about eight or nine years old and it was getting dark. My first thought was to offer to take them wherever they were going; it's scary to see kids out alone nowadays, especially at late evening or night. Then I thought, 'what if someone saw me stop and the kids didn't want a ride?'It's really scary to realize what people would think of me for approaching young kids who are alone. It wouldn't matter that my intentions were good,-it would only matter that I was seen sitting in my car, talking to the kids.
So, I kept right on driving and hoped for the best. Now, if I got a daily newspaper, I'd hesitate to read the local news, afraid of what I might see, maybe two missing kids, and wishing I had stopped and given them a ride.

February 4, 2010 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Gaileyann said...

yes I agree. remember the days when you use to hitch hike? those days are almost over too. You don't know if the guy you pick up is dangerouse or the guy picking you up is dangerous. When we were in Sac I never let the kids play out in the front yard because you never knew what would happen.

February 6, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home