Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

At the church retreat the thing we talked about was wheither we were autthentic or not. We run around with happy smiles and are hurting or dying inside. I did that for many years. AT age 22 I started going to church and would walk in on Sunday Morning with a big smile and when someone would ask how I was, I'd lie and say I was great. but deep down inside I wasn't. Not because of my situation because I was married and had 2 babies , but because of depression. Depression gets a hold of you and doesn't want to let you go. It tells you your worthless and nobody cares about you and the world would be better off without you. It's a struggle to stay alive everyday. That's why some depressed people stay in bed with the covers over their head.

I went for many years not knowing how anyone could see worth in me. How can those people like me when I didn't like myself. I'm not sharing this to get sympathy. But to let you know that a person doesn' t have to stay that way. It took me years to realize that GOD loved me and was shaping me into someone he could use to touch others. There is actually a scripture that says, "we go through these things so we can help others" . It's hard to understand what someone is going through unless we've been there. Like the old saying, :"walk a mile in my shoes.

They gave us a little can of play-do (which was not smart cause I started making little animal shapes instead of listening to the speaker)oops!!! The play-do represented how GOD takes us as a glob and shapes us into the person HE wants us to be. Not physically but in Charactor. I like the person I am now and I know HE is not finished with me. Now when they ask me how I am I tell them "great and if I'm not there is always tomarrow." Take care until next time. Have a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger judy said...

Gail you were always worth it for me when I am down you lift me up and you have given many wonderful years in a friendship that I will treasure till
God takes me home .You are blessed with a great sense of humor and a beautiful personality I am glad God put you in my life. So you see depression did not win God did and so did I Love You My Friend

JUdy

March 13, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home