Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Now Here's a Pair to Draw to...Sid and Rocky...


Well, now you'll meet my boys! Rocky is the one on the right. He is 3 yrs old. We got his mom in the paper free and didn't know she was pregnant. She had 6 male pups. and he was the one we kept. The rest went to family and believe me when we have a reunion, we have a reunion.
He looks just like his mom and she was a fox terrier.

Then my daughter who loves puppies and never saw one she could resist got " Sid the Kid" not really sure what he is but he is full of personality. My daughter loves puppies but isn't too good with responsiblity so after a few months mom got the pee-poo-chew thing. and yes he does all that. He is a year old now so it's not quit as bad. However he knows how to get what he wants. If vern gets up before I do, then it's time for me to get up so in my face he comes. and visa-versa. I can't get him to chase a ball like a normal dog but he loves to drag sticks in through the doggy door and lay them all over the house. oh yeah and chicken feathers. So it is hard to keep the floor clean with all his treasures.

Rocky is the more mature of the two and sometimes it looks like he stands back and looks at Sid like, "whatever" but then he jumps in and starts playing so there is some puppy still left in him.
Why am I writing about my dogs? well They are a big part of my life and when your kids leave home they sort of become the kids. Vern is funny, he says we have too many dogs, but as soon as he comes in and sits in his chair they jump up in his lap and that's where they stay. As you can see from the picture. All they want is love and their food and water and give you lots of love back. What more can you ask for!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gaileyann said...

perfect unc, I love it

March 14, 2010 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

I love Sid and Rocky and I love you too. As Judy said, I'm so glad you are in my life. You are an encourager to all who know you and a wonderful Bible study teacher too. Keep passing on God's love.

March 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home