Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Monday, November 30, 2009

Wow, I can't believe it is almost Christmas. I complain because they start on Christmas before the Thanksgiving turkey is carved. But if not , it seems the next 27 days sneak up on you.
When our kids were little I was never good at buying presents ahead of time like my friend who bought all year long and put them away for the big day. Nope, I was one of the last minute shoppers who sweated how I was gonna get what I wanted to get. It also seemed that by putting off till the last minute it was harder to buy cause there seemed to always be a money shortage. Merl Haggards song, "If we make to Dec" was one of my most sung songs. haha, Thanks Merl. But you know looking back now with the kids all grown and having families of their own. It showed that it wasn't the presents that were so important as the family love we had for each other. Sure there were times when I would have bought them everything they wanted but I don't think they would have turned out to be the wonderful adults they are. And I am most greatful for that.

There are times at the Holiday that you see people in need and then people seem to reach out more to help. Maybe that is GOD's plan to teach us to give to others. We search our hearts and feel for others. When I was a kid in New Orleans the time others gave because mom's tips were stolen and she had nothing,
There was a Christmas when our kids would have had nothing if it hadn't been for others. (Cowboys for Christ) In Nevada.

Our pastor talked about doing a good thing for others and in turn those people will do a good thing and so on and so forth. Like the movie "Pay it Forward. Gee isn't that kind of on the premise of "Do on to others, as you would have them do unto you?" If I remember right GOD came up with that concept.

It seems more relevant at the Holidays but should be all year round.
Jesus was our gift from GOD, so I give presents. Also Jesus is the light of the world and I like the lights at Christmas. Have a wonderful Holiday and remember to help others because you don't know when you will need it back. Merry Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger judy said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL GAIL AND SO TRUE

LOVE JUDY

December 1, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home