Memories...

Just for Memories...reflections of the past...and maybe a little odds and ends...

Saturday, December 5, 2009

In my life I have had soooo many wonderful friends, but one stands out as the best. In 1975 we lived in Turlock, ca. And a preacher talked a bunch of us into putting our kids in his Christian School even though most of us couldn't afford it. It was a guilt trip that if you loved your kids and wanted the best for them you will sacrifice anything for them to have the best education possible. Which is true unless you are already struggling to put food on the table and trying to make ends meet without adding an extra expense.
Anyway, I noticed an old van come into the parking lot everyday and a lady my age with two little girls, my kids ages, made a drop and drove off. We started to say hi, and eventually her van broke down and I would take the kids to school because it was on my route.
If it hadn't been for that school that neither one of us could afford and that van we would have missed out on an awsome friendship. Everything happens for a reason.

Judy and I hit it off right away. we both had weight issues and were on every diet know to man. We both were raising kids and at times didn't know what the heck we were doing. Our kids were the same age around 6 ,7,8 and she had a two year old baby girl. and two years after we met I had Sharon. We were soulmates. If one was down the other lifted her up, and visa-versa.

We use go to town and on the corner of main street in the drug store ,there was a hugh old time scale that you stood on and it took forever for the needle to go back and forth for all the world to see before you finally got your weight. That took guts. We bought excersie suites and took our pictures in them so we could compare the before and after pictures, I don't really remember much excersing though. anyway the before and after pitures never seemed to change.
Once we bought tennis rackets and decided that was the way to go. Only when we got to the park the gate was padlocked shut and we couldn't get in. However there were two skinny people in there batting the little ball back and forth over the net. and after we watched them for a couple of minutes I decided to try to squeeze into the little space. Not being able to accomplish this . I yelled out "Hey how'd you guys get in there? To which I thought I was going to lose Judy who was laughing hysterically. Our friendship has been full of little events like that.

I guess I really shouldn't tell this one but it goes to show how connected we were.
My mom lived near bye and had a neighbor that bought a baby goat. She had it tied up outside her back door and mom's little house was facing it. She called me one day really upset cause the neighbor had planned to raise the goat and eat it. Mom was really sensitive when it came to little animals.So I asked her what she wanted me to do about it. She said to come get the goat when they were'nt home and take it to Judy's. So I called Judy and we went over when the coast was clear and took the baby goat. We took it to Judy's house and her husband spray painted black spots on it so no one would know. We got away with it thinking we had done a good deed. (not actually thinking that it was stealing but saving a little life.). Well a month went by and the lady that had owned the goat was cutting my hair and started talking about how someone stole her goat. oh boy, I was in the hot seat. I might have took the goat but I couldn't lie about it. She point blank asked , did I take her goat and I told her yes but how did she know it was me? She said my mom told her. So we had to fess up and bring the goat back. so much for our life of crime huh? Which shows that you will get found out if you do something stupid.

Mom never drove so I would take her to the store and she hated to go with Judy and I cause we'd be playing around in the store and mom wouldn't even walk with us. cause she'd be too embarrassed. more about our adventures later. bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home